A little insight

To me it is just our way of life. Far, far away I try to keep my family and friends updated on the "little" things that keep our lives exciting.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Not a happy camper..

Or should I say golfer. Dustin and Cheara have gone to golf camp all week and today they went out on the course to play. On my way to drop them off, I begin to wonder....who will be out on the course with them? they are not just going to let them go alone are they? oh surely to goodness they have all of this figured out!! We get there and I (stupidly) decide to stay until they are all settled into a group. The guy doing it all has everyone broke up into groups of four and is calling off names and telling them which hole they are going to start at. I heard him ask one other parent if they were going to stay with the group, now I panick!! They are not as well organized as they seem to be. He gets to our group, my 2 kids and 2 brothers, and asks me am i going to stay and go on the course with them. Now you know my first reaction was absolutley not!!!! but the brothers just got dropped off so what was i supposed to do? Now had i known that i was going to be out walking in the heat for 2 1/2 hours, I would have come better prepared. At least I was dressed half way decent but i had on capris and flip-flops so now my feet are fried, and capris were to hot!! I ended up rolling up my capris, I am sure that looked really cute. We were the last group out on the course and the first ones finished if that tells you anything. All in all we had a very good time, it was a 9 hole par3 course. I could not being doing much more than that, after the fourth hole i was done. Cheara ended up quitting, cant say that I blame her there, I carried her bag 99% of the time and the other little boy that was in our group ended up quitting also. The last hole those two sat under a big shade tree and played rock, paper, scissors. Dustin and the older boy had fun. Dustin's only goal was to see how hard he could hit the ball. That said, I believe he was the furthest from the hole every time! Jeff would have had fun out there with them, hopefully he can take them once in a while. Corri ended up babysitting Landon all morning and did a good job with him. I wish I would have known I was going to stay and I could have taken my camera. Cheara looked awfully cute playing golf, when she wasnt complaining that is. I was a bit worried about snakes, I wouldnt have thought about it on my own but the guy said something about snakes in the beginning. We did see a mongoose. I would have never known what it was but one of the kids told me. First time I have seen one of those, it was gross!!!! i am not big on creatures, just glad it wasnt a snake!!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM , Blogger Jesse said...

    Fun times Connie, oh the things we do for our kiddos! I am glad that you didn't see a snake either!

     
  • At 1:28 PM , Blogger connie said...

    Had i seen a snake, we would have been done golfing!!!

     
  • At 12:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am finally getting around to reading your blogs. Sounds like you guys are having a little fun anyway. - Tori

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home