A little insight

To me it is just our way of life. Far, far away I try to keep my family and friends updated on the "little" things that keep our lives exciting.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I am trying..


Well i am very consumed with this blog thing, although i havent really posted anything. I keep trying to think of something wonderful to share but it's just not coming to me! I think too hard, and i think people will think it is boring and silly so i just do nothing. This is my New Years Resulution (yes in June, thank you very much!!) to try and keep this updated.
I guess I will just start with the weekend until i can think of something really interesting. Saturday was very nice outside, we have finally got some nice hot weather with no rain. I cant believe it rained the first 15 days we were on island! We took the kids to the pool and played and splased around for a few hours. Then we came home, cleaned up and just hung out at the house for the rest of the evening. Sunday, Fathers Day, we got up and had a nice big breakfast. Jeff and I went to the Marine base, since they have a bigger BX, and Jeff got his grill and lawnmower. This was not intended to be his Fathers Day gift, but it just happened that is the day we went to pick this stuff up. I also let him get a power drill. That way when my pictures and curtains show up i will let him hang them up for me. I am nice like that, what can i say! That afternoon we took the kids back to the pool for a couple of hours, until we saw the rain clouds roll in. I told Dustin I was ready to go because i didnt want to get wet, you know, after i had been in the pool for 2 hours. Landon loved swimming, but he doesnt want anyone to hold onto him. I guess we will need to get him in some swimming lessons. Cheara had a blast, the three oldest kids got goggles so she had no problem going under. She spent two hours trying to swim, she was exhausted! Time to get her into lessons to, last year she had a death grip on me. Dustin and Corri had fun bugging each other, trying to pull each other under and just letting loose. We got home just as the rain started and after we all got cleaned up it was time to try out the new grill. I had bought a fresh pineapple and cut that up and we made kabobs. Yummy!!! grilled pineapple, that was the first time i had even cut up a fresh pineapple but definatley not that last, it was soooo good.
Now here is it Wednesday already, and we are trying to decide where we can venture to this weekend. We would like to check out the pineapple fields or maybe the butterfly garden. We havent got to do anything like that yet, so we are all excited. I will try and get some good pictues of whatever we do and get them posted.
Here is my little man eating up that pineapple!!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:05 AM , Blogger Jesse said...

    I will be excited to read your blog whenever you post! Take care! Glad you arrived safely!!!!

    Jesse

     
  • At 8:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    After all this talk your butt better show up over here next year! I think if i posted a bikini picture blogger would shut me down :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home