A little insight

To me it is just our way of life. Far, far away I try to keep my family and friends updated on the "little" things that keep our lives exciting.

Friday, June 27, 2008

A few things



So school is out, pretty much. We got a letter in the mail a couple of weeks before school was out saying Congratulations! your daughter Corrial has been accepted to the summer enrichment program. HMMM...I dont remember signing up for that but now she has something to do YEAH!!! I think her dad signed her up. Now why on earth did I NOT sign Cheara up? If anybody needs to get out of my hair and have something to do for the summer it would be Cheara....never fear, Mom is here. I called up there and they had one spot left!! Hip hip hooray!!! So they go Monday-Friday 9-12. It is four weeks long and really just keeps them reading and keeps their math skills sharp. So far they are having fun. Neither one of them knew anybody in their class, but thats ok now they can meet new people.

Here is something that really gets my goat. Corri has a friend who lives just around the corner. She called her the other day to see if she could bowling and told her that Dustin would drive them up there. Isnt this fairly black and white? Two teenage girls want to go bowling on base for a couple of hours. This one simple question turned into a two hour discusion and caused my phone to ring about 20 times. This girls parents have to both say yes,(meaning she is going to call her dad at work just to ask if she can go bowling????) She could not ride with Dustin, she couldnt spend the night either because Corri has an older brother and her parents saw Juno! WHAT?!?!?! I saw Juno also and the girl did not get pregnant from her friends brother after she spent the night, I have NO idea what one had to do with the other. Anyway back to bowling....now if we were in a city or even a town, I could understand them not wanting her to ride with another teenager, but we are on base, they are going less than 2 miles and the fastest they can go is 50 KPH... kilometers people!!!! They really pissed me off. This is only the begining of that whole thing but I wont go into all of the ridiculous things this poor girl had to go thru just to go bowling, like having to get off the phone and apologize like crazy because she was rude when she asked a question. So I ended up giving them a ride AFTER her mom met me. The next day Corri called her to ask if she could walk up to Burger King and they could go have lunch. OMG this set off a whole other whirlwind of events. Her mom said that her dad would not be happy about her walking that far...Yes it is like a whole mile, we let Cheara walk there with Corri before. You only cross one road and you cross at a stoplight, and it is sidewalk the entire way what is the big deal????? Then she called back and asked who was buying, I heard Corri say "who's buying??? your buying your own, i'm not buying it!!" So after they hung up from that call, this girl had to call back after she talked to her parents again, I told Corri to forget it and find something else to do. So she called homegirl back and told her never mind she was going to the pool. These are not life decisions we are making here. It is summer, they have free passes to go bowling make a freakin decision for crying out loud!!! BTW, I gave them a ride to the bowling alley, her mom was home and she was the one with the issue, so why didnt she take them, she didnt even offer!

K I feel better now that I got that off my chest.

I was grilling ribs the other day and went in to answer the phone, I figured it was spouse since he is gone again and I knew he was calling me back. It was, so I stood in the kitchen and talked to him for about 3-4 minutes. Well...I forgot to turn down the flames on the grill so they were still a little high from when I turned it on. Now we were going to have flame-grilled ribs......IF the fire would go out. I had a BIG fire going. I turned the burners off and the gas off and figured it would burn itself out, not so much. At first I told Corri to just grab a little cup of water but when I got over there I could see flames shooting out the back, that is when I decided a cup of water was not going to do it and I would just turn everything off. So after several minutes of watching it burn (I didnt even open the lid cause I didnt feel like having my eyebrows singed off at that particular moment) and wondering if it was ever going to go out and what we were going to eat for dinner other than the rice I had made for a side, my neighbor was just coming home from work and he walked over and asked if I was ok. I said yes I was fine, just waiting for the fire to go out. He was like uh I dont think its going to go out, you have a grease fire. So he opened it and took it off the grill, by this time it was pretty much just bones but the ones on the other side of the grill were ok. This has been my excitment WHOOPIE right? A pretty typical day, there was actually three things that tickled my fancy but I cannot remeber what the other thing was. It wasnt about school it was something that Cheara said that totally craked me up and now I forgot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home