A little insight

To me it is just our way of life. Far, far away I try to keep my family and friends updated on the "little" things that keep our lives exciting.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Are you ready?




Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?!?!?! I still cannot believe that I am actually watching my oldest son play football. When we lived in OK, I tried to get him to play thru the city once and he said he didnt want to. Why? Because the ground is too hard! Legit answer I guess, the ground is pretty hard! So he has been going to practice and conditing since July, they had cuts and he made the team. We are so proud of him and sooo excited. We stil dont know if he is on JV or Varsity, but I think we will find out next week. I have never heard of this before; they split the kids into two groups, the gold team and the black team (school colors). They played against each other and cuts were made after that. Then the following week the played another school, or should I say the ONLY other school, and they all played against each other. This week they play that school again, go figure, and they are playing the gold team against the white team and the black team against the green team. Why not just say who is who? I dont understand. So last week they assigned him another postion and he plays offense AND defense, yesterday when I picked him up he said he is now playing a third postion. Go Dustin!! I cant really remember what he plays, I know bad mom, right? I think one of them is defensive tackle, maybe. He has told me about 20 times, I just cant remember. He plays on the end I know that. I will have to figure it out and let you know. Now I am not so sure I want to play, let me give you my selfish reasons.
A: chances are he is going go get a girlfriend now

B: refer back to A!!!

This whole letting them grow up thing is hard! He is getting ready to turn 16, will get his permit and in January he will go to drivers ed and get his license. This is crazy, where does the time go? I am going to try and get some better pictures this week and maybe a couple of little video clips. He is number 99 but in the pictures you can tell who he is just by looking to see who is the tallest. By the way, he really needs to stop growing, he is about 2 inches taller than his father now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home