A little insight

To me it is just our way of life. Far, far away I try to keep my family and friends updated on the "little" things that keep our lives exciting.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Easter/Spring Break






Last week was Spring Break so we both took the week off of work. It was so nice. Originally we had planned on trying to go to Korea or Guam but it just didnt work out. I am not really a planner, just a doer. (is that even a word?) We spent the week just hanging out around here and trying to hit some sites that we cant seem to find the time do otherwise. We went to a couple of parks, the kids are happy to just go to the parks. Even the two big ones. The slides are soooo much fun! and most of the parks have walking trails so Dustin usually takes off and explores. I started calling him Dustin the Explorer, you know after the Dora cartoon. He is not that much fun and didnt think it was funny.

I wish I knew how to put video clips on here, other than putting it on you tube first. I dont want to do that. If anybody knows how to do video clips, please let me know. We went to the Botanical Gardens one day. That was nice, except it bothered my allergies a little and hubby kept on saying "quite rubbing your nose" That always makes for a pleasurable trip. We went to the dam one day. Not that exciting, but we can check that off now. It was quiet out there though. You could hear the little birdies chirpping and the water, but it was dam boring (hehe). There was still a lot of stuff that we wanted to do, just didnt get around to it. We didnt venture very far either. The dam and gardens are both about a ten minute drive and we had never been there before. The parks were about a 10 or 15 minute drive. We didnt leave the house before lunch on any day and we slept in. That was awsome, if you consider sleeping until 7 sleeping in. That is about all we did. It was probably the most relaxed and one of the most enjoyable vacations I have ever had. Any time we asked the kids what they wanted to do Cheara said go to Disney. I think I said a hundred times we are not going to Disney. Corri spent the night with her friends 3 times and had someone spend the night here, so she was happy.


We didnt do much for Easter. We went to the club for brunch, hubby went to work. I did take a nap that day, kind of. I got to lay down, I cant remember the last time I layed down. We colored eggs, and the Easter Bunny came. He was a big fuddy dud this year! I never got any plastic eggs for him to fill, or baskets. The BX didnt have either one! They did have those stupid pre filled ones, but no. Cheara ended up getting a basket from her teacher so she used that and I "made" one for Landon. I got a little plastic storage basket thing and decorated it. How freakin ghetto is that? All the EB brought was a little candy and put it plastic eggs that the girls got at school. whoopy! Cheara and Landon are the only ones who got a basket and they werent even hidden, they were just sitting on the table. I guess the EB is not a planner either.

OOPS, I guess I got the same picture in there twice. I will add more pictures to the my pictures page also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home