A little insight

To me it is just our way of life. Far, far away I try to keep my family and friends updated on the "little" things that keep our lives exciting.

Friday, January 19, 2007

What a day

Wow!! What a day, I think this picture pretty much sums it up for me yesterday. This was Landon at 6:20 last night. He was in the kitchen asking for a pop tart since dinner wasn't quite ready. It was clear that he was not going to last 10 more minutes to eat with us so I gave him a pop tart. I went upstairs to get his jammies and talk to Jeff for a second while he changed and just as I walked around the corner to the living room, I saw him close his eyes and lay down like this and go to sleep. I hurried and changed him, he never woke up until 4:40 this morning. I am going to get a nap out of him today YEAH!!! I put him in our bed with us and he layed there while I took a shower and got ready. I guess since it was still dark out, he didn't think it was time to get up yet.
So our day yesterday was very busy. I normally only have Landon and one baby here all day, so my days are pretty quite and relaxing, nothing to get too excited about. Yesterday I watched my neighbors little girl for her while she went to the dentist with dry socket from getting her wisdom teeth out. OUCH, just another reason I now have to keep mine right where they are. Earlier I had my friends baby here for a couple of hours. He had never stayed with anyone so, of course momma was all nervous. Silly girl, I am a pro at this. Well the baby did fine only cried once when he saw me walk in front of him. I had two interviews yesterday for new clients and ended the day by signing four contracts. I don't know what I just got myself into. One is a 2 month old, only for about two months then his mom is getting out. A two year old little girl, who I thought was going to just be on hourly basis but ended up deciding to go full time and a set of four year old twin boys. The twins are on the waiting list at the center, so really they shouldn't be here for more than a month, I think. I went to bed exhausted last night just thinking about having to work so hard. I haven't worked like this in four years. That is OK, I can just be tired all the way to the bank! Now I need to get my stuff together so I can keep everyone busy all day and stay sane. I told Dustin last night that I may have to resort to drinking every night. I guess he thought that was pretty funny, but I was only half kidding.
How can I forget to mention AI! I love these first shows, I was laughing so I hard I had tears rolling down my face. What are some of these people thinking? Although, my prediction is they wont show these auditions to much longer because someone, after seeing themselves on there, and knowing that the whole country is laughing their butts off at them, is going to commit suicide because they were so humiliated, and the family is going to sue Simon. Sometimes he is a little cruel, but come on, these people know that before they go in that room and sing to him. I could watch auditions every night.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM , Blogger Jesse said...

    Bless Landon's heart. Sounds like you'll be crazy busy, good for you, it'll keep you out of trouble.
    Mike and I are watching AI for the first time, I feel bad for the people that really think they can sing. And yeah, Simon can be cruel, too mean I think. But Randy can be pretty darn sarcastic too. Good thing Paula is nice!!

     
  • At 8:36 PM , Blogger Kris said...

    Weeeeeeeellllllll.....he hadn't stayed with anyone else before and I was more nervous for YOU than him :o) I was afraid you wouldn't want to be friends with me after I left my little cry baby with you! He was good, huh? :o) He is a good baby...he just REALLY likes his mommy :o)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home