A little insight

To me it is just our way of life. Far, far away I try to keep my family and friends updated on the "little" things that keep our lives exciting.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Living the Japan way




So it took me awhile to get to this post, but finally it is here. I have had several people ask for pictures of vehichles mostly, but a few for the house. How could we forget the potties here! Corri and I took this picture at the Botanical Gardens. It was late and they were about close so there wasnt anyone else in the bathroom. They only had one Western style toilet in there and Cheara didnt see it. She was spinning around looking at all the holes in the floor and she said "Mom where is the human bathroom at?" That kid comes up with some crazy stuff. It is just like it looks, flush with the floor. I have not attempted to use these out, I just wait! If you had on a dress it wouldnt be that bad, but I would pee on my pants unless there was somewhere there to hold me up like when I was little ;)
Then is my lovely van that I drive. This isnt a very good picture but I guess you can tell where the steering wheel is. The back has curtains in all of the windows and the middle seats turn around so they can see the people in the backseat.
The house. Ahhhh home sweet home, for another 28 months anyway. We live in 4-plex but are lucky enough to be on the end. I will try and get some pictures of the inside. It really isnt that bad, the layout is pretty good so we have enough room. We could use more, but we will manage. That just gives us something to look forward to when we go back I guess. The house is about 1600 SF with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. All the bedrooms are upstairs with two full baths and there is a half bath downstairs (thank goodness!) The downstairs is just the living/dining room, kitchen and a room in the front that is another dining room but we have it turned into a toy room. We have lots of light from two sets of sliding glass doors and I think that helps it to not feel so small. We have a good size kitchen, biggest one I have ever had. It is quite outdated with the stainless counters and I am not really sure what the cabinets are made of. They are yellow with air holes in the top and peach colored tile. It is a gem, but it is really not to bad.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:49 AM , Blogger Jesse said...

    Thanks for the pics. I was wondering what it all looked like. You will have to do the inside for me too. Who is sharing the bedroom, besides you and Jeff :) How little is that van? Fun, fun. No comment really about the toilets, I don't think I get it. I would be quite the mess all the time. WOW.

     
  • At 10:49 PM , Blogger Kris said...

    I'm so glad you finally caught up on blogging. Lots and lots of pictures are always fun! Okay, the toilets are very easy to use (although I haven't tried #2 yet....Todd has!!!!) if you are wearing a skirt....that's why ALL Okinawa women wear skirts all the time. It's actually cleaner than a western toilet, because you don't have to touch anything. The hardest thing to get used to is "sitting" (squatting) backwards....you face the wall instead of turning around and putting your back to the wall....that is strange to me! Yes, the parks are the greatest....better than any American park ever!!!! Love Cheara's cheerleader pics too!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home