A little insight

To me it is just our way of life. Far, far away I try to keep my family and friends updated on the "little" things that keep our lives exciting.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

I know, I know, this is a little late. A lot late, but better late than never right? We spent Thanksgiving at home, with just our family. Since Jeff was gone last year and we never know around here what next year holds for us, we spent a quiet day at home with just our family. Idid some cooking, cheated a little this year but that's ok. I bought a smoked turkey and all I had to do was pop it in the oven for a couple of hours and let that bad boy heat up. It was really good and I will buy one of those again, definatley better than getting up at 3 o'clock in the morning just to put a turkey in the oven. The commisarry was out of pie crusts, and I didnt feel like making one, so no pumkin pie for us, we had pumkin bars instead, they were so yummy. A couple of years ago I met a woman named Mrs Smith and she was so kind as to make us an apple pie. Later in the weekend we put up our Charlie Brown tree. I didnt bring any of our Christmas stuff with so I just have to get a little here and there. I bought a cute little bow to put on the top, now I have to listen to my wonderful children ask me over and over, why there is no star on the top of the tree. So I went and got presents off of layaway and started wrapping my little heart out!
The weekend before I took the kids to the beach and tried to get some pictures that I could use for Christmas cards. Landon was much more interested in playing in the sand, and by the time I got a shot that wasnt to bad, he had his shirt off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home